Things That Make Me Happy

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A new story to tell.

I think it's time for me to tell a story that would give you a glimpse of who I am.

I was not the kind of girl who always has a boyfriend, not the one everybody thinks as the sexy, gorgeous, mahinhin, girlfriend-material type. In gradeschool, I really was a kid! I go to school without combing my hair; I have the biggest bag ever! filled with books and notebooks!--> nah, don't get me wrong, I like to study, but, I was not the genius one either, I just like to carry all those books ‘coz I thought it made cool...apparently not! haha! I played whatever game there is, Chinese garter, 10-20, langit lupa, agawan base, etc. I learned taekwondo, swimming, tennis, basketball, volleyball, chess (I was once a champion! oh yeh), darts, etc. Some of which I was just forced to learn so I can participate in our school’s sportsfest. I did not have my "kikaykit" up until my junior years... (yes, I know... latebloomer) and oh, I also use to wear the dorkiest glasses ever! (Thank heavens for contact lenses). Needless to say, I am NOT the girly girl type. Oh well, considering all my siblings are boys and my dad is in the military, I think you'll forgive me. Right?! :)

Anyway, I choose to begin my story this way because through those years, one man changed me...(oh yes, this is about a BOY.) He may not know the impact he had on my life, as we never really had the typical boyfriend-girlfriend relationship.

In school, he was considered Mr. popular; many girls (even pa-girls) had a crush on him. I really don’t remember why he has that effect on girls (and pa-girls). Hmmm...well, he is good-looking, although he's not that tall, he plays basketball exceptionally well, he is charming without even trying, he's quiet (which I think makes him mysterious to everyone who doesn't know him), and I must admit, he has an amazing smile. ---> okay, now I remember. ^_^

So imagine the shock I got when somebody told me he has a crush on me! HA! me?! O_o (for real? WEH?) Even I couldn't believe! It's the next thing to impossible!

Anyway, this boy saw me pass my glasses, big bag, clumsy moves, non-sense jokes, and not so girly moves... He did have a crush on me!!! But I wasn't ready for that kind for relationship, so I said no. (haba ng hair! haha!) We became closer and closer as time goes by... we became bestfriends! You must be thinking typical "cheesy" tag name for people who doesn't want to be in a relationship but have feelings of more than that of a friend for each other... well, YOU’RE RIGHT!! haha! It gave me a chance to know him better... when you get to know him, madaldal cya! okay, makwento! I can hear the excitement on his voice pag may bago cyang ikukwento sa kin through our kwentuhan sa phone marathon! There's more to him than his looks. He's smart - he has a lot to say (opinions that are sensible). He can sing- he sings for me on the phone and by the waterfalls. (mushy na kung mushy!) He’s sweet – we made our own prom so that he can dance with me because we did not have the chance to do it at our prom night. He likes to eat—a lot, I must say.  He's witty, sometimes weird, he stands firm about his beliefs, he has his dreams – I remember how he once told me that he wants to be an astronaut one day, he has a big heart.

He’s someone who is bound for greatness... and he doesn't even know it.

The friendship eventually became real... he had his relationships, and I was busy for whatever it is that's keeping me busy at that time (I can't really remember), still, we were there for each other. :) BEZfriends. :)

Because of him, I wanted to be better. He inspires me.

Highschool ended and here comes college. We were supposed to go to the same college, but I backed out the last minute, imagine nakapag enroll na ko't lahat biglang binawi ni mommy, kc don na lang daw ako sa mas malapit sa min... di daw kc ako marunong magcommute! Darn it!

Anyway, if I tell you every details of our story, this blog entry would turn into a novel, so..... *skip*.

2009, as we cross paths, we gave it a shot... US..in a relationship. We were exceptionally happy. But sadly it ended... details of this we shall skip too... *skip*

Recently, we cross paths again, this time I realize that he was not the person I knew and loved. So many things have changed… People do change, that’s when you realize that sometimes, no matter how important people are to you, you have to let them go, so that you can move forward.

I've been there...crazy inlove. Although it did not end the way I wished, I am still thankful it happened, because of that, I laughed, I cried, I loved, I hurt, I was strong, I was weak, I've been crazy!............... I felt emotions I never knew existed, I did a lot of things I never thought I would do. I LEARNED... a lot. That is why he will always be my superhero... my superm*n. ^_^ - I'd like to remember him that way, the person I gave my heart out. The one who inspired me.

It's amazing how God gives us someone that would make us realize who we are, what we can do, and how we can make our life better. Someone who makes us realize that life is exciting, that we only live this life once, and we should make the most of it. Even if that someone isn't there to stay with us through our journey. Our BIG DUDE up there cares enough to make us realize that we can have a fresh start.

Well, enough said...

Recently, God opened a new chapter in my life. While it may sound exciting and full of new adventures for me to conquer, it also means the end of something important. Entering this new chapter means accepting that the last one has ended. Yes, the one that I hoped and prayed would last forever. I am now...finally, letting it be...(drum roll please)... the PAST. I do not know what the future holds, but, here I am, throwing away a bit of my privacy so that I could share those adventures with you! Yes... YOU! Heeelleew strangers! (if you even care) haha! Come and join me as I take on my personal journey through life. :) LOVE, PEACE AND HAPPINESS!!!

1 comment:

nadine said...

lolabels! may bago ulit chorva na cam si patty! :)